ATTENTION ALL MONTEVALLO WATER WORKS & SEWER BOARD CUSTOMERS
OFFICE HOURS: 8:00 A.M-4:00 P.M, MONDAY-FRIDAY
Billing, Disconnect, and Service Information
- Penalties will be assessed on the 15th of the month at the close of business (4:00 p.m.) (Current bill 10% plus tax). If the 15th of the month falls on a weekend or holiday then penalties will be assessed on the following full day of business at 4:00 p.m.
- Any amount past due in excess of $25.00 shall be cutoff.
- To stay off the cut off list payment must be received in the office the day before. If the office is closed there is a drop-box for your convenience. Disconnects start at 7:00 a.m. Cut offs and reconnections will be performed Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
- To have your service restored after being disconnected the bill must be paid in full, (THE WHOLE BILL, including the reconnect fee $60.00.). If no deposit exists on the account or the deposit is not up to the required deposit dollar amount, the deposit will have to be made or brought up to the current deposit level.
- CASH, MONEY ORDER, OR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS, are the only forms of payment that will be accepted if service is disconnected for non-payment (NO CHECKS).
- If for any reason a reconnection occurs after hours, there will an additional $25.00 call out fee.
- If you tamper or damage the meter while you are disconnected you will be assessed a minimum of $1000.00 (Amended 9/30/05)
- If you have a serious medical condition such as being on Dialysis, please provide a medical note from your physician so you can be notified before your service is disconnected.
- All Non-Sufficient Fund Checks and ACH bank drafts will be disconnected without notice.
- For NSF Checks you will be assessed a $40.00 charge and the $60.00 reconnect fee. If you notify us ahead of time that a check is being returned then we will notify you at the phone number that you provided. When we receive the check from the bank, then you will only be charged the $40.00 check charge plus the amount of the check. You must come in the same day that you are notified you in order to avoid being cut off and charged the $60.00 reconnect fee. Payment must be in Cash, Money Order or Credit/Debit Card.
- (ACH) The automatic bank draft will be presented to your bank once for processing. If your financial institution does not pay the draft because of insufficient funds and returns it to the Board, your account will be charged a $40.00 fee and a $60.00 reconnect fee and processed in the same manner as an insufficient funds check. Payment must be in Cash, Money Order or Credit/Debit Card.
- Legal Lease Agreement or Purchase Contract.
- Valid Driver’s License or Legal Identification.
- The Person whose name is on the lease or purchase contract is the only person who can set up service.
- If you have had service before with us and have an outstanding balance you will be required to pay it before service can be established.
- To have your service connected or reconnected on the same day you need to be in the office no later than 2:30 p.m.
- Service Deposit of $125.00 is required on all accounts. (Amended 04/17/2013)
The Montevallo Water Works and Sewer Board does not provide a Bilingual Employee at this time. The Board has the right to change any or all of these rules at anytime.